Long after the food, flowers and location of your reception have been forgotten, the one thing that will stay with your family and friends will be whether or not they had a good time! The best way to ensure that your guests have a blast is to have an amazing DJ. A great DJ should not only pump up the crowd and keep them dancing all night long, but also should make all announcements on time and be aware of all of your wedding details.
References are incredibly important when it comes to choosing the right DJ – make sure to ask them for references from past brides they have worked with. Next, you should plan to interview 2 to 3 different DJs. To make your life easier, we have compiled a Top Ten list of questions to ask your DJ:
1) How many years of experience do you have?
2) Are you familiar with our venue?
3) Are you going to be the DJ we get if we hire you, or will it be one of your partners?
4) How many people will you bring to the event?
5) Will you cover your own parking (if in NYC or City with parking issues)?
6) What kind of power requirements do you have?
7) How many weddings do you do in a weekend?
8) Do you MC the event as well?
9) Do you offer lighting packages?
10) Are you familiar with Indian music?