Tuesday, May 12, 2009

From our Intern Last Summer

This was so sweet:

I love the fact that we can help young people find what they want to do in their lives especially since we are in NYC:

Dear Sonal,

It's been almost a year since I started working with you and I just wanted to let you know what the internship with you last summer has done for me. Working with you forced me to step outside of my comfort zone which I am so grateful for. I applied and was accepted as the Special Events Co-Chair for the spirit organization at my school (they put on all of the pep rallies and meet and greets during the football, basketball, and baseball seasons) and also have been asked to be the Sponsorship Chair for a committee that puts on a production at the beginning of every year for the new students to see all of the new organizations at our school. I'm thrilled about all of this but on top of that, I have been asked to be the only marketing intern for the Miami New Times. I will be working directly with the Marketing Director and my big event will be a fashion show on August 11th.

I am writing this to thank you for everything last summer. I know at times I wasn't always sure of what I was doing but because of the broad range of things I got to see and work with, I am able to attain these marvelous positions I have today. I just want you to know the impact you've made on me and the imprint you've left in my life. I will never forget last summer for its twist and turns, ups and downs, and great opportunities. Thank you again for everything, Sonal, and I hope all is well with you.

Best,

Brittany

No comments: