Saturday, June 21, 2008

Our Washington D.C. wedding gets featured in The Washington Post!








On Saturday, June 14th our team went to DC to coordinate the wedding of Swati Raval and Manan Shah at The Ronald Reagan Building and ITC . This was one of the most anticipated events of this year for us. We had been planning this wedding since 2006! I could not believe how the entire day came together.

To my surprise, the next day, June 15th, The Washington Post published “Groom Turns Heads With an Elephant of an Entrance”, an article that featured Manan’s attention-getting entrance on an elephant! You can read the article here. We were so honored to be featured in The Washington Post!









Manan decided against using a white stallion in his baraat, in favor of an elephant, something he said he had always wanted at his wedding. His three year old nephew joined him as people gathered and took photos. It was very exciting! We had all the people in Downtown DC at a standstill-- traffic, joggers, tourists and of course, the guests who had no idea of any of this! It was perfect… a total surprise to everyone.











I had the pleasure of dressing Minnie, the name that we gave the elephant. I decided to get a picture with her.. who could resist? She is so cute and gentle. I told my husband, Jay, I want one in the backyard!! HaHa












Swati was truly a vision in a gold and cream lengha. She looked soooo beautiful. I got a tear in my eye when she walked down the grand staircase at the Ronald Reagan Building.
Her makeup and hair was done by one of my favorites, Bridalgal.








The entire ceremony area was changed to RED, RED, RED for the reception. The Bride wore a red lengha with a long train in the back…. Really a new look that you will not find in India. The red and gold colors complimented each other perfectly.
















Swati and Manan took their pictures in front of the Jefferson Memorial and The Capitol Building. Aren’t they the cutest couple? I love the DC shots.. my favorites. The bridal party wore rust orange and gold.

From start to finish, the day was stressful but worth it. I really could not feel a thing after the 6 Tylenol that I had to take from all the walking! A day in the life of a planner…

No comments: