Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Viceroy, Anguilla www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/anguilla/ This luxury beachfront resort in the Caribbean sits on both Barnes and Mead Bay. It offers you all the amenities of a luxury resort while allowing you to relax in its laid back Caribbean atmosphere. Choose from the private oceanfront villas, beachfront suites and blufftop guestrooms, all with private pools. This getaway is both modern and sophisticated and is for the couple looking to stay in luxury and style.
Eden Rock, St. Barths www.edenrockhotel.com/
This luxury boutique hotel was once a private residence for vacationers, including Hollywood’s rich and famous. Now a chic luxury getaway, the Eden Rock sits high atop St. Jean Beach and has numerous suites and villas with beautiful ocean views. It also overlooks coral reefs and is surrounded by twin crescents of sandy beach. It is a great choice for the couple looking for a relaxed atmosphere with great cuisine.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
1.) Are you available on the following date(s)…?
2.) How many Indian Weddings have you done in the past?
3.) Do you allow a horse or elephant on the premises?
4.) What is your capacity for a ceremony and reception?
5.) Do you provide a stage for the ceremony and reception? How about chairs, tables, and linens?
6.) Do you allow outside vendors/catering?
7.) Do you generally have the ceremony and reception in the same room? If so, how much time is needed to flip the room from one to the other?
8.) What complimentary services can you provide for the bride and groom?
9.) Do you have a recommended/preferred vendor list?
10.) How does parking work for guests and vendors? Is there a charge?
If you and your fiancé are looking for a specific venue then address the right questions in the beginning stages to ensure that your wedding day is everything you dreamed of and more.
Friday, April 22, 2011
Colors can help set the mood and tone for your event and can dramatically add more life to your photos.
Some great color combinations are:
Hot Pink and Orange
Lime Green and Calipso Blue
Gold and Green
Black and White Damask with Red, Hot Pink, or Yellow Accents
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
- Being on the beach provides a casual setting for your guests, which means they can dress comfortably and affordably. Even if it is not a destination wedding, but simply a beach near your home, your guests will feel like they are on a mini vacation.
- A beach wedding is a refreshing change from the traditional church and ballroom weddings. It allows you to really show your personality and makes for an event your guests will never forget.
- The beach and the sun provide the perfect backdrop for spectacular photos, especially if the ceremony is later in the afternoon.
- Like we mentioned above, a beach wedding really allows you to personalize your event. You can be creative with everything from fan programs to flip flops to your favors.
- The number one rule when planning a beach wedding is to remember that Mother Nature can change her mind at any time. Your day can be sunny at one moment and rainy the next. It is important to always have a back-up plan in case you have to make changes at the last minute.
- You will need to discuss your plans with local authorities as most beaches require a permit for any staging, music, or food that will be used.
- Keep in mind that many beaches are public! Depending on the time of day, you can have anywhere from a handful to dozens of curious bystanders looking over your wedding. And there is nothing you can really do about the ‘uninvited guests’ as it is illegal to ask them to leave the premises.
- Like we mentioned above, Mother Nature can be very tricky. Besides the possibility of rain, you also have to prepare for excess heat and sunshine. So you will need to make sure you have lots of refreshments, cold towels and shade for your guests.
We were talking with one of our brides, Manisha who lives in Belize, and she told us about this great idea of getting married on a private island. All around the Caribbean, there are these small, secluded islands with sandbars. It is a great way to surprise your guests and share this special moment with a simple yet gorgeous ceremony. It also allows the bride and groom to just focus on each other while starting a new chapter in their lives.
Monday, April 18, 2011
We just got back from Nina and Vinay’s beautiful Puerto Rico wedding at The Ritz Carlton San Juan. It was an event filled trip.
On Thursday evening, the festivities started with the Mehendi event taking place outdoors by a lovely fountain surrounded with rose petals, making for a truly romantic setting.
Friday was our tropical Sangeet on the Vista Mar Terrace, where the couple enjoyed family and friends, and some wonderful dance performances.
Saturday was an exciting and fun-filled day starting with the Baraat, followed by a delicious lunch for all guests to enjoy along with the spectacular weather. A sunset ceremony on the beach was the perfect start to a new chapter in Nina and Vinay’s life. The couple danced the night away in the breath-taking ballroom at The Ritz Carlton. Congratulations to the happy newlyweds!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
This past Sunday, we had the pleasure to be a part of the Shaadi Trend Bridal Show at The Westin Jersey City Newport. With the help of Elegant Affairs, our booth looked amazing! We had such a good time meeting with future brides-to-be and answering any questions they had. It was also great catching up with many of the vendors we have worked with in the past. And the delicious food provided by Mogul Caterers only added to the fun. All in all, it was a terrific networking event and an opportunity to build some great relationships. We would like to say, Congratulations to all the brides-to-be.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Multi Panel Fan